From my understanding, from looking at Hana’s blog (http://hanatelige.wordpress.com/) who happened to nominate me for this award, the Liebster Award is (quoting the person who nominated her) “is essentially a token of appreciation passed around in the blogging community. It’s also only given out to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers to encourage new bloggers. At least, that’s how I’m interpreting it.”
The rules for the award are as followed (according to Hana’s blog!):
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with fewer than 200 followers.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Here are the questions, and my answers, that Hana has asked me:
1. Why did you start your blog?
Starting this blog was a big thanks to one of my teachers in College, who introduced my whole class to blogs. We had an assignment to make a blog, which taught us how to keep a blog of our choosing going which would look good on our resumes. I decided to start this particular blog because I love to read, and have had people asking me my opinion on books for a very long time. By doing this blog: I can connect with people who think the same way I do about books and things relating to it, and ‘meet’ fellow bookworms who I wouldn’t have been able to if I hadn’t of started this blog.
2. What is your favorite video game?
My favourite video game is: Super Smash Brothers. It was probably one of the first video games I ever sat down and wanted to play with my brothers, and I love it. I even sat down and played it for quite some time over the Christmas break, and even though I suck profusely at it, I have a lot of fun while playing it.
3. What’s the first thing on your bucket list? Why?
I don’t actually have a bucket list, but if I did the first thing on it would be: to enjoy life. I know that seems kind of cheesy, but I find myself pulling into myself and pushing other people away a lot. I surrender to the darkness a lot more than the light, and don’t enjoy things as much as I should. I want to look back on a life I would be happy to have lived, and not the life I will live if I stay the way I am.
4. Would you want to live forever (at the age you are now)? Why or why not?
A very small part of me says yes, because I have a huge fear of aging. The idea of death scares me like nothing else, and the idea of living forever does appeal to me greatly. But, the idea of being older also appeals to me. The biggest thing I’m looking forward to is being older and being able to say really stupid or mean things and not getting in trouble because I am older.
5. Favorite quote. Or one that makes you think.
‘Scars remind us where we’ve been, but they don’t dictate where we are going.”
6. Why do you like your favorite food?
I’m not totally sure, but I think the biggest reason would be because my Mother makes it.
7. What’s the first book that you remember loving?
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone, it’s what started me reading.
8. What instrument would you most like to play?
9. Favorite thing that happened in 2013.
Being introduced to music festivals.
10. What are you most excited about in 2014?
Growing as a person, and getting one step closer to the person who I’m supposed to be.
Your questions are:
1. What is the topic of your blog?
2. Why did you decide to choose this topic?
3. What’s the best feedback you have received about your blog?
4. What does your horoscope say about what will happen to you in 2014?
5. What is your favourite movie?
6. When you were a kid: what did you want to be when you grew up?
7. Best advice you’ve ever received from a stranger?
8. Do you think you are better alone or in a relationship?
9. What event do you think changed your life forever?
10. What is the best book you’ve ever written?
Thank you to Hana for nominating me, and thank you to everyone I nominated for allowing me to read your blogs! I look forward to reading everyone’s answers!